- Video Views: 89948
- Published On: 2020-05-07 19:30:10
- Video Published/Author: darbarfestival
- Video Duration: 00:05:25
- Source: Watch on YouTube
► #darbarfestival | Kala Ramnath plays her singing violin in Raag Tilak Kamod accompanied by the talented Yogesh Samsi on tabla. Music of India.
Kala Ramnath (violin)
Pandit Yogesh Samsi (tabla)
Srutti Suresan (tanpura)
Raag Tilak Kamod
that: kalyan, samay: evening
Recorded at the Darbar Festival 2019 in London.
SIGN UP TODAY FOR A FREE TRIAL FOR OUR PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION CONTENT
You will find over 200 full raga performances by the best Indian classical musicians in the world. Visit www.darbar.org to start your free no obligation trial. You will find the below full raga titles:
– Kaushiki Chakraborty | Bhimpalasi | https://www.darbar.org/videos/kaushiki-chakraborty-raag-bhimpalasi
– Pandit Venkatesh Kumar | Full concert | https://www.darbar.org/videos/pandit-venkatesh-kumar-directors-cut
– Shruti Sadolikar-Katkar | Full Concert | https://www.darbar.org/videos/shruti-sadolikar-katkar-directors-cut
– Pandit Budhaditya Mukherjee | Full Concert | https://www.darbar.org/videos/budhaditya-mukherjee-directors-cut
– Ustad Shahid Parvez Khan | Raag Yaman | https://www.darbar.org/videos/ustad-shahid-pervez-khan-raag-yaman
Click the above links and start your free trial today 😊
Kala Ramnath is an amazing violinist who slides her fingers to produce a very natural and vocalistic style. She was born in Chennai to a family that included esteemed violinists TN Krishnan and N Rajam. She learnt the North Indian form from the renowned Pandit Jasraj. This gave her a very unique approach to her music – this apparent when she presents Hindustani classical music and also incorporates ideas from her South Indian roots.
Learn more at:
“Like an angel in human form. Just to watch her play is an extraordinary thing. She has this tremendously relaxed, sublime way of playing that draws you in immediately. She’s known for her incredibly lyrical playing…She’s one of the greatest musicians on the planet.” [Terry Riley]
Tilak kamod is distinct from rag Kamod (vide). Tilak kamod is equally popular in the semi-classical genres as it is in classical music, especially in the dhrupad tradition.
Darbar believes in the power of Indian classical arts to stir, thrill and inspire. Through shared experiences and digital connectivity we ensure that one of the world’s finest art forms reaches the widest possible audience. Founded in 2006, we deliver premium quality live events, music education, broadcasts and online engagement through promoting artistic innovation and creative technology. We are also committed to providing a platform for new talent from India and the UK.
All Rights Reserved ©2019 Darbar Arts Culture Heritage Trust